Scholarships are available for TCC members for any educational opportunity of The Carolinas Center for Hospice and End of Life Care up to an amount of $1,000. Each application will be reviewed and a dollar amount may be awarded based on the information in the application. The scholarship monies can be used for registration fees and travel expenses.
You can send completed forms by fax or by mail:
MAIL: Attn: Mary Doherty
1230 SE Maynard Road
Cary, NC 27511
Many lives have been touched by Dr. John A. Lusk. He was best known as:
- A long time board member of the Carolinas Center for Hospice and End of Life Care,
- A hospice Medical Director for both Hospice and Palliative Care Greensboro and Hospice of the Piedmont in High Point
- As one of the first physicians in North Carolina to become certified in Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- As a hematologist/oncologist
- As a Clinical Professor of Medicine at the University of North Carolina and a clinical instructor at the Duke School of Medicine
- As a founding board member of Hospice and Palliative Care Greensboro
Upon his death in 2010, Dr Lusk and wife, Barbara have made a generous gift to The Carolinas Center to support our efforts to provide high quality education to those who provide care for patients at the most vulnerable time in their lives. It is Dr. Lusk's wish that this fund be used in such a way to have the largest impact on care of the patient and their family.